Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Model Passenger

I consider myself a rule follower so
whenever I fly, 
I try to be a "model passenger"  
and abide by all rules and regulations.
I tease PaulA 
whenever he is reminded by the flight attendants 
to turn off his Blackberry. 
bad, bad boy

On my last flight, however,
I might have blown my "model passenger" status.
I might have been reminded by a flight attendant
to turn off my phone when taking off 
and to put my seat back up when landing.  

But hey lady,
do we really need to sweat the small stuff?  

I must admit,
it was especially hard to look "good"  
sitting next to this guy.

Who could compete with this face?
(It would have helped if I was sitting next to Alec Baldwin
aka
archnemesis of the friendly skies.)

This service dog 
couldn't have been sweeter, gentler or calmer.
He practically wore a sign that said: 
"At your service."


You can imagine that he got a lot of attention from everyone…
especially the flight attendants.  
They couldn't get enough of him and his mild manner.
They were happy knowing
there was at least one passenger onboard who wasn't going to punch the "service" light 
and demand a blanket and another beer 
while you're at it.


I'm pretty sure he was the only passenger 
paying close attention 

as the flight attendant went through the 
rules and regulations on what to do 
(other than put your head between your legs and scream) 
when the plane is going down.

Never once did he bark out any requests for them 
to fetch more pretzels and nuts.
(I swear you have to be part squirrel to get an extra bag of nuts these days.)

Dog gone it...
he was the "Model passenger."
This Kat was being shown up by a dog.


Anywhoooo……

The 4-legged continued to be the 
"model passenger" 
as he slept the entire flight.

When we deplaned, 
he patiently waited his turn 
and didn't run anyone over 
(as most passengers will do when it comes to 
getting off da plane.)


As PaulA and I made our way through the airport terminal, 
I glanced back to get one more look 
at his sweet face.
And that's when I watched...
the "model passenger" 
come to a complete stop,
spread his legs...
and pee all over the terminal floor.  


I wanted to find those flight attendants 
and bring them back to
get a look at their 
"model passenger" 
now...
standing in a sea of pee.

Atleast this Kat never once peed the floor.

(note to self:  very lame to compare your behavior to that of a dog.)

No comments: