Thursday, January 16, 2014

Say YES to the Dress

Chelsea and Austin
got engaged 
November 1st.

presenting
the lovely couple


Nothing drives home the 
realization,
actualization,
light bulb momentization
 that Chelsea is getting married 
more than
seeing Chelsea
step out of a dressing room 
and onto a platform riser 

in a wedding dress.
pass the hankies, please

Looking at Chelsea, 
the baby girl I used to hold in my arms...
stand in front of me 
in a wedding dress,
opens up my emotional floodgates,
flooding my mind with a montage of 
pictures of her growing up.

I can't help but ask myself.....
"Self, where did the days (and years) go?"

Chelsea's dress-up days 
didn't seem that long ago.




Anywhooo…..

The ultimate dress-up day 
will occur this fall,
and I'm sooo happy to go with Chelsea 
to look at all the wedding dresses 
the city of Atlanta has to offer.

Something tells me that we will look at quite a 
few of them before a decision is made.
 Is 999 too many?
(I do remember going with her to find a prom dress.)

But 
I do know this…

when Chelsea puts on 
THE dress…
there will be no question in her mind.

She will 
unequivocally 
undeniably
indubitably 
know 
FOR SURE
and

say 
YES 
to the dress.



It may take Chelsea a while to find the right dress...
but
Chelsea has known for a long time that
Austin 
is the right guy.

No comments: