Friday, February 3, 2012

Phamous Phil's Prediction

You know who I’m disgusted with right now?
Phil



Not Dr. Phil...the Tall Texan, egocentric shrink.
Not Phil Collins...he hasn't done anything lately.
But, Punxsutawney Phil...the so-called weather predicting rodent.


Apparently Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow on Groundhog's Day

and we know what that means...
Six more weeks of ratty weather.
It seems that every year Phil emerges from his burrow and sees his shadow. 
Hey Phil, cut us a break out here.


So as they say in the movie...
"It is Groundhog’s day, all over again.” 
We should think about changing Phil’s name to Punxsutawney Pete
It's just a rePete forecast every year, anyway.



Anywhooo...



I have more faith in Cupid...who is more on target.
A proven marksbabyman.  
I was stung by his arrow when I first met PaulA….
so I know there’s some truth to a pudgy baby with wings and some sharp arrows...
vs
a weather predicting rodent.

I say...
Hit the road, Punxsutawney Phil...
you might wanna tread carefully as you move along though. 

My prediction for your survival???
100 percent road kill.




Phil’s record hasn’t been that stellar over the years. 
I hear he’s been 39 percent accurate. 
Even meteorologist, Al Roker, would have been fired from his gig Today
and immediately sent tomorrow....
to the desert to guess on the weather.


The poor rodent was probably pissed off and getting even with us,
after being pulled from his warm burrow,
just so some goony looking guys in top hats could make a weather prediction.



I know if I was yanked from my warm bed...
and forced to look at my bed head shadow...
my forecast would be...
 impending doom.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Cute post! I am disgusted with Phil too... so that's why I decided to side with JIMMY the groundhog from Sun Prairie, Wisconsin! (I'm from Wisconsin). He did NOT see his shadow, so we are in for an early spring!! Yippee!!!

I found your blog through Chelsea at Choose To Be Happy! I am a Feb sponsor too (the first round of sponsors). :)

I'm your newest follower!

Sam
http://petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Newport Cigarettes

Cheap Newport Cigarettes