Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My Favorite Thing

Doorbells,

and sleighbells,

and schnitzel with noodles
and oodles of Holiday Cards...
these are a few of my favorite things.
(definitely NOT the schnitzel with noodles.)



During the holiday season, I soooo look forward to holiday cards…
Merry Christmas,
Happy Hanukkah,
Kwazy Kawanza

I wait for the mailman to come around the corner in his mail truck with  his delivery...
“Close your door dude, you’re gonna fall out."

Think about it,
at what other time of the year do you actually receive personal snail mail?
(The letter from your probation officer doesn't count.)
I'm talking about letters hand delivered by a letter carrier...
Old School style…
NOT the electronic inbox: “You’ve got mail.”


Sending holiday cards is a monumental task
so I appreciate the time someone puts in attempting to mount it...
(you know what I mean)


I know, from personal experience, the degree of difficulty involved with getting cards in the mail .

It is particularly tricky if you want to include a family photo,
especially one with the family dog…and have him looking straight into the camera...
not with his head down...licking his privates.
(my dog's favorite thing.)


Then there is the tedious process of
addressing,
stamping,
and licking
the envelopes.
Yuck!

Now that might be good job for the family dog...
at least put his tongue to better use.
“Oh Duncandog…Come here puppy...I have a project for you.”

Anywhooooooo………


There are many helpful short cuts to sending holiday greetings...
especially if you are computer savvy.
With your computer you can download, upload, or, my favorite..
off road.
Sending eCards...gets a better grade than those fCards.

The newsletter is a great shortcut for writing updates on the family
and it helps alleviate writer’s crap cramp.
I used to enjoy reading newsletters…
until I realized how painfully average we are as a family.
Okay....how painfully average I am as a human.

Although I have an affinity for Old School Snail Mail holiday cards,
there is an upside to receiving email greetings.
Yep, with online greetings you don’t have to wonder
“who” or “what”
had their tongue on the envelope.





ps.  our snail mail holiday card is on its way...
inching its way along to your house. 

2 comments:

choose to be happy blog said...

hey! who are you callin average!

well i guess your probably right. i cant wait to look at all our holiday cardsssssss :)

Frances said...

Give me that PUG!

-Frankie


Merry Christmas!