Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Super Bird, Turkducken

Apparently this Thanksgiving…
I could have had a turkducken.

Instead of a turkey…gobble gooble gooble…
I could have feasted on a turkducken....gobble, quack, cluck.

three birds in one...
Tom Turkey, Donald Duck, and Chicken Little.

If you are familiar with a turkducken, raise your wing.



The turkducken looks like a turkey...on the outside...
but inside....
there are two other birds quacking and clucking to get out.


When I first heard about the Super Bird...
the triple threat of birds...
I cried fowl.
It didn’t fly with me.

The thought of a triple stuffed bird brought on a triple response of...
shock/terror/nausea.

The de-boned chicken...
jammed into a de-boned duck...
rammed into a de-boned turkey...
reminded me of Russian Nesting Dolls, in poultry form.


Anywhooooooooo………

Maybe there are advantages to food combos.
Hmmm...maybe for next Thanksgiving I’ll work on some new side dishes to accompany the turkducken.
I’m thinking of mashed potatoes infused with gravy...grashed potatoes...
or squash cooked inside stuffing...squaffing.


With a turkducken, grashed potatoes and squaffing...
comes fewer dirty dishes.
A Bonus.

1 comment:

choose to be happy blog said...

i think i just threw up!! gaaaa rosss!!!

i like our turkeys just the way they are ;)