Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Hero Turns 80

Today my father is 80 years old. Already.

He must be amazed at how quickly time has flewn…
I know I am.
But when you look back over all the years and life lived…
you see how you get to 80. Already.

My father served in the U.S. Air Force for 20 years…
so we honor him twice…with two holidays…
First on Veteran’s Day, November 11th
followed by
his birthday holiday, November 12th.
My Dad. My Hero.


When you grow up with a cheerful, gregarious, and loving father…
you are the beneficiary of a happy childhood.
I have learned from his example and admire so many of his qualities…
none the least of which
is the virtue of patriotism.
I maybe considered a “military brat”, but if you have to be a brat…
this is probably the best kind.


So today I salute my father…age 80. Already.

U.S. Veteran
Amazing father
Forever.My hero.

 
Anywhooooo……

Happy Birthday, Dad

3 comments:

sitstersludge said...

Kat, what a nice tribute to our wonderful father.

ms.composure said...

very very nice tribute!!!
he sounds like an amazing dad!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

choose to be happy blog said...

this was so sweet mommy :)

happy birthday PAPA!!!