Thursday, April 28, 2011

Fairy Tale Wedding






OMG…Paris Hilton and I are on the same page. Well, not the pages of Us Weekly…but we are on the same page when it comes to THE ROYAL wedding.

We are both royally excited. NOT. Big whoop. Maybe the countdown to the royal wedding that started 60 days ago…has me jaded. Somebody shoot me.

I’ve begun to question myself. Shouldn’t I be getting excited about all the pomp and circumstance of the royal wedding…Kate’s gown, the carriages, the pageantry? After all, it is history in the making.

Maybe I need an attitude adjustment. Somebody slap me.

Maybe it’s because I already went goo-goo gaga….(before Lady Gaga) in 1981 over the royal wedding of Diana and Charles. We see how that ended. Fairy tale gone nightmare.

Plus my genetic make up is…one part sarcastic, one part cynical, one part crotchety, one part loon. Somebody hand me a drink.

Anywhooooo…………

There was also another great couple that married the same year as Prince Charles and Princess Diana…thirty years ago. The wedding of Luke and Laura…ahhh…watched my millions. Oh, and lest we not forget…the wedding of Kat and PaulA.

Our wedding wasn’t televised or videotaped. (We were married during the dark ages, before technology was invented.) Our pomp and our circumstance was small in comparison…but the end result was a true royal fairy tale.

Should Kate and William be lucky enough…they too will be married for thirty years, have amazing children…and…maybe...just maybe...Kate will make something of herself and blossom into a Blogger Extraordinaire. She couldn’t ask for more.

My wish for the royal couple’s life together…one that follows commoners PaulA and Kat.................

“And they lived happily ever after.”

1 comment:

choose to be happy blog said...

you are NOT excited for the royal wedding????? i cant believe that!!!!!