Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Colintine's Day


To most people, today is Valentine’s Day….but to our family, it is Colintine’s Day. A Colin Birthday and Valentine’s Day all rolled into one sugary sweet day. So as I send out love and kisses to all my favorite Valentines…I also send out love and birthday wishes to Colinboy for a “Happy Birthday.”

23 years AGO in St. Louis…PaulA and I heard sweet music when the doctor said to us, “Congratulations…you have a son.” And 23 years later…Colinboy is making sweet music with his band, Dear Havanah. Oh, to be turning 23…finished with college and following your dream…filled with optimism, enthusiasm, and energy (where can I get me some of that.)

I know, I know…at age 23 I shouldn’t be calling him Colinboy especially with his new Jesus flo and beard look. (When did Jesus come back as a rocker?) I promise in another 23 years, I’ll drop the Colinboy nickname…and just go with Boy.

Anywhooooooooo………………

I love Valentine’s Day and all the sweet things that are wrapped up in it…hearts, flowers, cards, and candy…especially the conversational hearts. You know…the little NECCO candy hearts with short and sweet sayings. I like reading the little sayings on each candy heart as I pop them into my mouth. The only problem after 20 or 30 of them…you become very ill.

The conversation hearts have been around forever with cutsie sayings like:

Call Me
I’m Sure
Be Mine
Kiss Me
Hug Me
Whiz Kid (never got that one)

Then after a hundred years, NECCO added new sayings in the 90's to stay with the times:

Fax Me
Email Me

In 2000 they added:
Got Love
2000 Hugs
2000 Kisses.

I think the little hearts are due for some new sayings;

FB Me
Text Me
Tweet

Some Colin sayings would certainly jazz things up:

Waz up
Corp Flo
Mwaha
Woot
Idk
yahoo
DH rulz

And should NECCO give me a chance…I would add:


Read
Kats
Blog

P.S.

Have a Happy Birthday Colin(boy). Enjoy the tour…and always keep making saweet music. We are your biggest fans.

4 comments:

choose to be happy blog said...

yes we are... love it, "read kats blog" hehehe :)

Bri @ Sea said...

love it! Happy colintines day to you, the proud mother!!! hope you and dad have fun tonight :)

Ellen ♥ said...

happy colintines day to you. :)



ellenreviews.blogspot.com

Frances said...

Best Colintine's Day!!

I had so much fun watching home movies with you and Col. Dinner and cake was delicious. So happy to spend the day with you all!