Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Grab this blog. You're On.


I’ve decided that I prefer taking a flight during the evening over a flight during the day. The mood among the passengers and the crew is waay more festive. At least it was that way on our last flight on Southwest Airlines. My plan now is to take later flight times. Grab your bag. It’s on.

Maybe it has something to do with happy hour. Some folks tend to kick back and order a drink...which helps to loosen up the mood. I don’t think, however, the flight attendants are imbibing. There might be a few rules against that.

The Southwest attendants on our flight didn’t need liquor to get silly...they were probably punch drunk from a long day. The 3 attendants had great jokes, witty remarks, and funny punch lines. They even managed to get my attention to listen to the instructions on what to do in an emergency...and usually I’m NOT laughing when I hear about the plane going down into the Atlantic.

So I got to wondering....hmmm....Do they use these same jokes over and over on every flight? I would find out soon enough...I was among 5 passengers who didn’t have to change planes for the next flight. Sure enough...the same material.

Anywhoooooooooooo............

Although I had just heard their repertoire of jokes...I still laughed...snickered...and smiled. Hey, I know that coming up with new material isn’t easy. I can totally relate.

Usually my readers don’t complain about my material...but recently there was someone who has been quoted as saying: “nothing in Kat’s blog has grabbed me lately.” Well, if that ain’t a slap to the face, step on the toe, pull to the hair, crowbar to the knees, and foot to the butt...then what is? OUCH.

I decided to look back at my previous posts. Okay, so the blogs about the cold patient, time change, Douchy the old nun, and a toy-less Happy Meal were not entertaining. Maybe I should have melded them together... “Douchy, the old nun, died of a cold after eating a toy-less Happy Meal while turning her clocks back.”

In the future...I’ll try to come up with some grabby stuff....but until then...like the friendly accommodating Southwest flight attendants offer up... “may I suggest a beverage...with that blog?"

“ I’ll be around to pick up any remaining cups and glasses.”

1 comment:

Bri @ Sea said...

too bad you weren't on this flight! i don't think it could ever get old!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai9m-Y-a-hQ&feature=fvst