Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall Back



I hope you remembered to set your clock back this weekend. If not…I’m sorry that you are sitting at your desk an hour early.

The pros and cons of Daylight Savings Time have always been debated…it depends on what side of the timeline you are on. Some people profess the energy savings…others proclaim the sanity costs. The battle continues here……

The upside of moving your clock back an hour…is finding out it’s only 8am instead of 9am...and then hitting the hay for another hour. (Sometimes I like to pretend that I live on a farm.)


Another good thing with DST is that it is a good reminder time of when to change…your batteries in your smoke detectors, the Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in the back of the icebox, and the horseshoes on Black Beauty.


The worse aspect, however, is that the sun sets earlier. Today that happens at 4:38 pm…which also happens to be right smack dab in the middle of Oprah. (I like to take a break from farm chores and watch Oprah.)


Anwhoooooooo…….......


There is a good side and a bad side to most everything…but there isn’t much good about Mondays. I started thinking…seeing we can plum declare a new time...I reckon we should be able to shorten our Mondays.


We could take two hours away from Monday…and add one hour to Sunday night and the other hour to Tuesday morning. That way, Sunday evenings would be longer…leaving extra time for me to can my fruits and vegetables…and an extra hour Tuesday morning…before I have to get out and milk the cows.

Instead of dreading Mondays…people would love them because Monday would be shorter. There would be no more Monday Blues…and no Manic Monday…(and no other Monday, Monday songs that you can think of.)

I’ve come up with great ideas before…but I think this is my best yet. The simple way to beat Mondays without using a stick is to fiddle with time. Why not? We do it every spring and fall. Time now to feed and harness the horses. Giddy-up.

4 comments:

Frankie said...

Great idea! I am in.. who can we contact to let them know this is how it is going to be from now on?

-Frankie

Bri @ Sea said...

Its so sad, when I get out of class it is already dark!!!! :(

Bri @ Sea said...

Its so sad, when I get out of class it is already dark!!!! :(

Jayne said...

got to work an hour early!!! I could have slept in.