Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wild West Story


Story Time. Many Colorado moons ago, I had an encounter with a horse.

PaulA and I had gone on a camping trip by horseback with friends in the mountains. It was my first time ever riding a horse, other than the carousel at the Shoppingtown Mall in Syracuse. But they say that doesn’t count.

Unfortunately, I wasn’t riding Mr. Ed. I had High-Ho Silver.

When my horse approached a log across the trail…he would come to a complete stop. Instead of stepping over it, he jumped over the log like it was a 3 foot high fence. What I would have given for Mr. Ed. At least Mr. Ed could have said, “Kat, hold on. I’m about to jump”…before he sent me flying over the saddle. Leave it to High-Ho to give me the Heave Ho…without any warning.

But that was then…and this is now. Now I’m talking about a “’horse’ of a different color.”

This Colorado trip I had an encounter with a Mongolian Camel. One hump or two you ask? Two humps. (How do you like your camel?)

Her name is Camille Camel...and not related to Maria Muldour or her sexy sheik. Camille actually belongs to an old friend and lives on her ranch. (Maybe camels are in vogue…and horses are “old cowboy hat” these days on Colorado ranches.)

Anywhooooooooo…….

This time I was smart…I was not about to ride this “horse” of a different color…even though her two humps were very appealing. Instead I asked for PaulA to take my picture with her.

In order to fit me in the pic with Camille, PaulA kept having me back up along the fence and stand closer to her. That was when I felt Camille’s mouth going for my head. Again, no warning. What’s with these animals?

I subsequently learned that Camille has an affinity for hair…even processed Kat hair.

Maria Muldour said it best... "send your camel to bed”…preferably without Kat hair.

The Wild West can be a very dangerous place.
Story time over….you can go to bed too.

1 comment:

Bri @ Sea said...

maybe camille likes your shampoo.... and was just getting a big wiff of it!