Thursday, October 28, 2010

Survey Said


WTH??? Is it me? Is it just me?

After a recent auto purchase…the salesperson informed me that the auto manufacturer will be sending me a survey of questions pertaining to how the dealer and the salesperson performed during the sale.

No problem…I was down with that. Until he followed with…“I would appreciate it if you could give us a perfect score.” And….“my compensation relies on high scores. If you have any problems, let us know directly rather than reporting them.”

Woah now. Suddenly I felt that his wife and 2.5 kids were depending on me for their next Big Mac and Happy Meals.

Why should they get a perfect score? Because they asked for one? Geez…who gets a perfect score? Perfect is a no-hitter, a shutout, Nadia Comaneci.

So he should receive a perfect score….because he sold me something I needed and I had to spend hours with him haggling over the price…while he played a shell game with the MSRP, Dealer Invoice Price, Dealer Cost and Trade-in? And because he thinks he went the “extra mile” when he offered me a cup of coffee and an old wrapped piece of hard candy??? I don’t think so.

Anywhooooooooooooo…………..

So instead of his plea causing me to react positively or negatively…I put it “N” neutral. I failed to react. I decided to not complete the survey. Who needs that kind of pressure…unless it’s in my tires?

Besides these types of surveys are not really anonymous. Hey, they could easily figure out who I was…and next time I was in for an oil change…they might top off my engine with EEVO. That might make Rachel Ray happy, but not my car.


Ya know…now that I think about it…the guy didn’t really beg for a perfect score…he wasn’t down on his knees.

But maybe if he was…and spit polished my shoes while he was down there…he would have gotten a perfect score. Or he could have offered me a Hershey’s chocolate bar. Now that is what I would call service.

An old hard candy??? Go suck on that, buster.

2 comments:

Bri @ Sea said...

hahahahahahahahah!!! full of non stop laughs! so funny! avery and i loved it!

Sistersledge said...

The nerve! I hate it that now the stores all want you to complete an on-line survey after purchasing a single item!