Monday, October 18, 2010

A Record


Do you hold a record? I’m not talking police record…I’m talking personal record. (Hey, your police record is your own business.)

Today I have reached a record…number of blog entries. Today marks my 700th blog. So for 3 years and 35 days I have been wasting /SLASH/ spending my time writing random thoughts on random subjects.

My accomplishment really doesn’t measure up to people who have attainted real records ...like Olympians or Hall of Famers or Eva biking 100 miles or Linnyj running a marathon. Oh, and Tiger Woods and his personal record of 13 mistresses.

When your winning record gets broken it’s a sad day. The University of Alabama senior quarterback Greg McElroy hadn’t lost a football game since the 8th grade…until two Sadurdays ago. I remember when I broke my record in high school, I felt like crying. It was a Beatles White Album and I stepped on it. Bummer. Ob la di Ob la da...life goes on.

The feeling you get when a good streak comes to an end is devastating…especially after a long string of wins comes to a grinding halt. Just as I’m sure the way Tiger felt when his grinding string of mistresses…came to an end.

Anywhoooooooo……..

Maybe you aren’t impressed with my small feet (size 6 ½). Maybe instead of kudos for 700 blogs…you think I should be locked up somewhere…or at least have my hands tied so I seize to blog.

Go ahead and tie my hands. I’m pretty sure I can type with my nose. But just don’t take away my blog chair. I know for a fact, I can’t blog standing up. All my inspirations come from the rear.

Some days I swear to myself (and a few of you) that I’m gonna quit this day job…and look for a new one. But then again, I remember how much fun I’m having.

Where can you have this much fun in a room by yourself? Don’t be fresh…you know what I mean.

1 comment:

big C said...

Oh my gosh!! 700!! That is so amazing; I remember when you first started. I don't think you give yourself enough credit; you are able to come up with something clever, witty, and relative every single day. That is AWESOME! I bet a lot of people wish they could be as creative as you, blog on!