Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ding-A-Ling


Do you still have a phone line to your house? You know…the land line that gets cut in the classic scary movie when the soon-to-be-attacked is sleeping…or is in the act of calling the police…when the line suddenly goes dead.

If you’re like me, you’re a ding-a-ling...paying for both…a house phone and a cell phone. A lot of people these days are saying ba bye to their home phones and opting to just go with their cell.

Hello…I would consider doing the same. Our home phone never gets used and hardly ever rings…except for calls from Linda McMahon who is running for U.S. Senator in November. You would think Linda and I were personal friends by her constant calls. (Give it a rest, Linda. You gotta know you’re gonna lose. We live in a freakin’ blue state.)

And whenever I want to make a call, I use my cell which is always somewhere on me. Otherwise, I would have to walk waaaay across the room, to use the home phone.

The Numero Uno reason, however, I keep the land line is because our internet is delivered through the same phone line. So if I discontinued service, I would worry about an interruption in service. And from experience I know once you start messing with something…another something goes wrong.

I wonder how many other ding-a-lings stick with things because of all the rig-a-ma-roll.

Anywhooooooo………………..

The home phone does have a useful purpose. I used it twice already this week to help me look for my cell phone that I “lost”…and then “found” in my pants pocket in the laundry basket in my closet. When the hell was I ever gonna find it there? I'm not sure when the next full moon is.

And without the phone line…what are the scary movie producers gonna do to create suspense? Hmm…Have the bad guy sneak in the house…find the person’s cell phone in their closet…and turn it off?

1 comment:

Bri @ Sea said...

I've always liked that our phone says who's calling out loud... makes it even easier to lazily screen your calls!

PS. my friends and I have a "land line" for our suite, even though its not connected to the wall... it's just for looks :) We pretend prank call too!