Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cute Comment


"I’m rubber, you’re glue. Everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you.”
So who's slinging verbal insults? The kids across the street? The politicians running in November? No, my darling. That would be none other than Joan Collins, age 77, former Dynasty actress. It appears Joan is looking to start a little something something with America's sweetheart...Jennifer Aniston.

Last week in an interview with the UK magazine, Hello, Joan Collins complained that there aren't many beauties in Hollywood, "I have to say, there aren't that many good looking actresses around today. I mean, there's Angelina Jolie and there's Angelina Jolie."

This is where Joan opens mouth and inserts high heel. "Jennifer Aniston is cute, but I wouldn't call her beautiful. She's no Ava (Gardner) or Lana (Turner). When I was young everybody on screen was gorgeous."

Hello Joan... Are you for real? Oh, that's right...you're 50 percent plastic and 50 percent Biotch. (I can sling the verbal hash too!)

Anniston commented by saying she was not commenting on her comments.

Unfortunately with Anniston's lack of comment, it looks like we will be denied a good old fashioned cat fight....or a round or two in the mud ring. Not only is Jen cute...but apparently she is not combative.. Darn, I would have liked to have see more than a verbal slap...any biotch can do that. It’s so much more fun to watch hair pulling.

Anywhoooo…......

Joan's comment got me wondering, "What's so wrong with being called cute?" Meg “When Harry Met Sally” Ryan...Marlo “That Girl” Thomas...and Sally “Gidget” Field are cute. Well, 20- 40 years ago.

IDK. Maybe because when you think of "cute" you think: pigtails, small, and precious. And when you think of "beauty", you think: womanly, sophisticated, and elegant.

It seems to me that beauty is skin deep and what you see on the surface; the packaging. While cute is deeper than skin deep and takes into account your expressions and personality. But us beautiful people aren't that intelligent. What do we know?

Hopefully, Jen didn't feel too insulted. I would consider Joan's cute comment a compliment. Just one thing…don't tell Jen that bulldogs and pugs are also in the cute category. Bow wow.

2 comments:

big C said...

how dare she!!!!!!! she's just jealous

Bri @ Sea said...

the difference you pointed out between beautiful and cute is so true these days... good thing you, me, and big c are BOTH! :)