Friday, October 15, 2010

Changes in Altitude, Changes in Attitude



“Changes in altitude…changes in attitude.” I know that’s not the way Jimmy Buffet sings the song…but he might sing it that way in Colorado.

An altitude of 9000 feet above sea level can have a huge effect on you. It did me on our visit to Steamboat Springs, Colorado. I felt light-headed, dizzy, queasy, and head achey.

Okay, I know it sounds like I had a few too many margaritas at the Rio Grande Saloon…but believe me, Jimmy…it really was “Changes in Altitude” and not “Margaritaville.”

It’s easy to experience a change in attitude in Colorado…especially if you are a flatlander used to the air at sea level. “They” say the air is thinner at high altitudes. I’m going to have to take their word on that. Apparently, all these years I’ve been breathing fat air.

If the Colorado altitude doesn’t send you reeling…the wide open gazes of wide open spaces, and the beauty of wide mountain bases…can have the same exhilarating affect.

With every gorgeous mountainous vista, I couldn’t help thinking about John Denver and his songs. I was experiencing a Rocky Mountain High…and feeling tipsy in the mountains. Yo yo.


Anywhooooooooo……....

Speaking of John Denver (we were, weren’t we?)…John Denver died in the 90’s when he crashed his small aircraft into Monterey Bay. But rest assured...he has come back as teenage heart throb Justin Bieber.

Check out Justin’s hairstyle…he’s a dead ringer for John Denver. (Sorry, just a figure of speech.) If you remove Denver’s eyeglasses and sideburns….baby baby, baby, ooooh ….you have Justin Bieber reincarnated.

“Take me home, country roads to the place I belong." It’s a good thing I’m back to the place I belong…..75 feet above sea level. My attitude has since readjusted...and I’m back breathing fat air.



1 comment:

Bri @ Sea said...

HAHA! So funny they do look alike!! Check this one out too though.... another twin!

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://topnews.in/files/Zac-Efron.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.topnews.in/people/zac-efron&usg=__BAcWWfHOQlML32jRzN_QpT7HvRY=&h=320&w=320&sz=26&hl=en&start=0&sig2=t0XR7ZGEd7JlvqHYIvFiVA&zoom=1&tbnid=tHXxalOn2nDNyM:&tbnh=156&tbnw=156&ei=25K4TP3fMMT38AbPweCaDw&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dzac%2Befron%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26biw%3D1187%26bih%3D668%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=441&oei=j5K4TIyKC6iMnAeT0by6DQ&esq=16&page=1&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0&tx=66&ty=77