Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Holy Apple, Batman!


What the WIFI? Holy Apple, Batman!

Have you seen the new Apple iPhone 4? Is there nothing this iPhone/slash/ computer can’t do??

They say that what’s under the hood of the iPhone 4 is very impressive…probably more impressive than what’s under the hood of our 2002 Ford Escape. Last I looked…there were 3 squirrels on a treadmill looking up at me…begging for some nuts and water.

Check out the stats of this new phone:
Front facing camera, a rear camera with LED flash, high resolution display that doubles the pixels in each direction (960 x 640) for a 4X overall pixel count increase -- rated at 326ppi. IPS display, offering 800:1 contrast. Same 3.5-inch size and the A4 processor also runs the iPad. 25% thinner chassis, battery slightly larger, and the new handset is rated at 7 hours of 3G talk, 6 hours of 3G browsing, 10 hours of WiFi browsing, 10 hours of video, and 40 hours of music. Oh, and that WiFi? It's 802. The camera has been bumped to 5 megapixels, with 5X digital zoom and a "backside illuminated sensor," which now can also record HD video at 720p / 30fps.


If you don’t understand all the tech talk…that’s okay. Being the computer geek /slash/ techno interpreter that I am…let me decipher it for you. The new phone KICKS ASS.

It’s amazing to think about the huge distance phones have come. From Alexander Graham Bell’s phone to Steve Job’s phone…we are talking long distance. Wouldn’t it be cool if the two could meet?

Anywho…………….

I remember back in the day when getting a call on the family phone was an EVENT. Sisters Sledge and Sludge would yell in unison: “Kat, phone call.” And I would run for it.

During my summer vacations from college, I would occasionally get a long distance call from PaulA. Nothing beats the exhilaration I felt when I would hear…”Kat, Phone! It’s LONG DISTANCE!” Knowing PaulA was on the other end…I would drop what I was doing, run through the house, trip over the dog, knock over a chair, and break my ass. There was always a rush for a long distance call…especially the PaulA version.

There might not be the same rush to get to the phone anymore…but you can be sure…there will be a rush to get to the new iPhone.

Holy Apple, Batman! It’s an event!

No comments: