Friday, March 5, 2010

Peace, Love, and Spreak



It’s funny what words go in and out of style…in and out of favor…in and out the door.

What got me thinking about all this was the word “fox.” You never hear the expression, “she is foxy” anymore. Words used to refer to a good looking female have changed through the decades…dame, chick, babe, knockout, fox…now the word is HOT. “That girl is HOT”…or 'SMOKIN’…or the two together…smokin’ hot. If she’s smokin’ hot…someone needs to have her stop, drop, and roll. ..and throw a blanket on her.

I like the idea of making up words or expressions to see if I can start a trend. Al Gore invented the internet…although I’m not so sure about that. Last year I invented a hand symbol for peace and love….and I’m sure about that.
Check out the pic...All you do is cross your first two fingers and then make the shape of an L with your thumb. I’ve tried to get the peace and love symbol to catch on….and I’ve actually had some of Wishy’s friends around town using it…but I need to have it go further than 3 blocks.

I’ve also created a new word that I would like to share with the world. It‘s…. “spreak”…to mean spring break. That way, when college kids are talking about their spring breaks in March…all they have to say is “Where ya goin’ on spreak?” Now…how cool is that?

Come on blog readers…let’s see if you can help make these trends…both the peace and love symbol and “spreak.” I rarely ask any favors of you…..except to KEEP READING MY BLOG.

Here’s a sample conversation with the word "spreak":
“Hey dude, how was your spreak?”
“My spreak was awesome, man.”
See how easy that is?

Peace and love ya…………katOUT
Ps. Wishy and Colinboy…have a safe and fun spreak. (And PLEASE don’t do anything your mother wouldn’t do on her spreak.)

1 comment:

Sistersledge said...

Gimme a spreak!