Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tiger's Mea Culpa


Did you tune in to see Tiger make his apology to the world last Friday? It must have been hard for him…especially with his mother’s scolding eyes in the front row, almost screaming, “time-out for you when you get home, young man.”

It’s one thing to have to apologize to someone…in the privacy of their 4 walls. Like Tiger did with Elin: “Sorry honey, I was such an ass. Next time I promise to get better ass.” Wait, I mean…be a better ass. Sorry again, Elin.”

But for Tiger to have to apologize to millions…on national TV? That’s got to be tough. I can’t imagine that….and PaulA can’t imagine it either. He says I never apologize, but I don’t know why I would be apologizing, when there is nothing I ever need to apologize for. PaulA is so silly.

And what’s the deal with that line: Love means never having to say you’re sorry? Woah…wait a minute. So when PaulA leaves the toilet seat up and I fall straight in, you mean to tell me, just because we are all lovey dovey, that PaulA doesn’t need to say “I’m sorry for your splash landing, honey?” I think John Lennon said it right, “Love means having to say you’re sorry every fifteen minutes.”

So did you believe Tiger’s mea culpa? Did you believe he meant what he said, or did it seem like his PR people told him, “Tiger, when you get to this part... stare directly into the camera lens and remember how you felt when you were seven and your puppy doggie was run over in front of your house…because you threw his ball into the road.”

I don’t know about you…but I believed every word in Tiger’s apology…and that he’ll work towards becoming a better person…especially because he has returned to Buddhism. I believe Tiger is a changed man, now that he has found the big man with the round belly. You never, ever want the wrath of Buddha…OR Elin to come down on you.

No comments: