Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Six More Weeks



It’s groundhogs day all over again….
And Phil saw his shadow….like last year. And the year before that. I’m wondering …When did Phil ever NOT see his shadow? I wanna change Punxsutawney Phil’s name to Pete…or RePete.


I’m sure the poor rodent is pissed off, after being pulled from his burrow this morning. I thought he was supposed to emerge from hibernation on his own. I know I hate it when I’ve been awaken in the early morning to see my shadow…especially before my coffee.


According to legend, if the groundhog sees his shadow (a sunny morning), there will be six more weeks of winter. But isn’t the sun shining, an indication that the weather is getting warmer? And if the sun isn’t shining …isn’t that a sign that the weather will remain cold and snowy? What the hell? My mind goes round and round in circles over the complexity of this issue.


So for good reason…I never could get Phil and his shadow figured out. I guess it doesn’t matter….it is always 6 more weeks of winter. Isn’t that why they call it Ground Hog’s Day?


Besides…How reliable is a badger anyway? And why the town of Punxsutawney? I have heard that there are other groundhog posers out there trying to beat out Phil for his job. Yep. I hear there’s one in Staten Island. Staten Island Stan. Watch your spiny back, Phil. There is no such thing as job security…especially these days.

Personally, I have more faith in Cupid…flying around shooting arrows at people on Valentine’s Day. I was stung by Cupid’s arrow when I met PaulA….so I know there’s some truth to a pudgy baby with wings...and good aim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That Phil is such a phony...

HC