Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Bah Humbug


I don’t want to sound like Scrooge himself, but there are some things that bring the Ebenezer out of me. Before I sound-off…I have a digression (not transgression…don’t worry, this is not a blog about Tiger. Although I have been wondering if Tiger stopped at three women …would that be called a trigression? And 8 women…an octagression? And 13…a baker’s dozengression?) Back to the original digression….

Who calls their kid Ebenezer? So when he was born, his parents took a good look at him and decided that his was a face of an Ebenezer? It’s no wonder Eb grew up to be a grumpy grouch. Wouldn’t you be if you had to raise your hand in class and answer to that name?

Anyway…from digression and transgression…finally comes a progression.

The dealio that gets me all Scroogy is receiving holiday wishes from a leasing company. I received an email holiday greeting from our car Leasing Company which read: “We wish you a happy holiday and all the best as you steer into the New Year. It was signed “With Warm Wishes.”

Oh...how cute... using “steer” as a play on words. What they were really saying was: “Keep the check coming or we are gonna steer your life into….credit hell…with warm wishes.”

It’s interesting that I found the email in my spam folder. Even my computer was smart enough to recognize it as junk mail. Call me Scrooge, but I don’t care to be warm and fuzzy with my leasing company. Bah Humbug.

scroogekatOUT

No comments: