Monday, November 16, 2009

Snuggie Cult

Do you own a Snuggie? If you don’t, I know you’ve seen one advertised on television…the new fangled blanket with arms…designed to keep you toasty warm while your hands are free to operate the remote, laptop or sandwich.

I don’t own a Snuggie…but I’ve started thinking that maybe I should get one…especially because I’m usually cold all winter long. But the truth is…I’m kinda afraid to get one. I might like it too much and start wearing it in public.

The other reason I’m afraid to get one is…they remind me of a straight jacket. Not that I’ve actually worn a straight jacket…or had real cause to, but there is something about them that reminds me of psychotic cult apparel.

So if I did own a Snuggie…there I’d be…wearing my straight jacket into the Stop and Shop. And the worse thing is that my butt would be exposed. Lock her up, folks. Notice how the Snuggie advertisements never show the rear view …that’s because body parts are hanging out.

I’m not really sure who invented the Snuggie…but I do have a feeling how the idea was hatched. I’m thinking…..After a hard night of partying, some guy put his bathrobe on backwards, then walked to the couch to chill for the rest of the day. That’s when the idea hit him hard…like the hangover he would have for the next 8 hours. Nothing like an alcohol induced idea. Eureka. The equivalent of an Oprah Light Bulb Moment.

The Snuggie is a good idea, but once you own one, you become a card carrying member of a cult…the Snuggie Cult of Exposed Butts.

2 comments:

big C said...

I thought we owned 2 Snuggies in Manomet?? I guess I don't have my fact straight.

LOVE that you added a picture!!!!!!! :) Keep up the good work!

Sistersledge said...

Hey - I picked up a pink Kids snuggie for Nat at Bed Bath Beyond last Friday -- she's been using it ever since. I like to see her all snuggled up warm!