Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays

Ho Ho Ho…Merry Christmas! Did I get your attention? December 25th might be 6 or so weeks away…but at the TajMaMall…it’s Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad, and Happy Kawanzaa… all rolled into one jingle bell. The Taj has actually had its halls decked since October…and to think the Pilgrims haven’t even landed at Plymouth Rock.

As I walked through center court...what to my wondering eyes should appear? Santa…sitting in his chair, holding court in Center Court. Here come the judge…checking his list…checking it twice. Good Boy? Bad Boy? Good Kat? Bad Kat?

I took a good look at Santa and I am happy to report…he appears to be rested up for the holiday season. He doesn’t have that frenzied, harried, stressed… “I’m gonna pinch the next kid who pulls my beard and coughs in my face” look...that he usually has about December 19th. Santa still has his signature gut, stretching the buttons of his red suit. He looks like he hit the barbecue pretty hard during the off season… and he still has that rosy glow that you can only get from a summer of boat drinks. I wonder if Santa prefers gin or vodka.

Because it’s early in the season and turkeys are still free ranging, it was only natural that Santa wasn’t get much attention…unless you count the attention he was receiving from his blonde assistant. He might not have had any little visitors but he didn’t look lonely. I think he might have a little something going on with his helper….cuz she looked waaay to comfortable on his lap. I’m sure she was whispering what she wanted for Christmas when she had her lips to his ear. Yep, that’s what she was doing. “Oh Santa, I’ve been a VERY good girl.”

I don’t want to sound like Scrooge and be all Bah Humbug…but I don’t like to be thrown into the next holiday season when I’m still working on celebrating another. It disturbs me when the media and the TajMaMall jumps ahead with the holidays. I like to take my holidays as they come on the calendar and not play leap frog with them. So I prefer to enjoy my turkey and pumpkin pie before I have to think about everyone on my Christmas List. Note to self: Add yourself to the List…you’ve been a good Kat.

Heck, the way things go…before we even get the Christmas tree down…there are hearts and roses, plastered all over everything…totally skipping over George’s Birthday. I don’t know about you, but I need time to celebrate George Washington. I'm thinking...maybe I'll chop my Christmas tree down in George's honor.

So for now…let’s relax, gather together, and give Thanks…and THEN let’s join Santa and his personal assistant in center court.

No comments: