Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Oprah Announcement



Big BIG Announcement: Oprah is pulling the plug on herself...shutting down the Oprah Show. Don’t do it, Oprah. PLEASE NO! Oh wait, that’s not happening until 2011? So why the BIG announcement now? A lot can happen in two years. Heck, according to the Mayan calendar and the movie 2012…the world is coming to an end in just 3 years.

I have been an Oprah fan from the beginning of Oprah time, so I understand all the hoopla. People are worried that when Oprah packs up her couch…the world will come to an end. Nothing will be the same in the talk show world. We’ll be left to wallow in the crud from Jerry Springer, and all the other schmucks out there. But the question remains… is Oprah really retiring?

Or will she just move to her OWN network…The Oprah Winfrey Network?…(very clever acronym) If she’s like a lot of people in the spotlight who say they are gonna retire…it’s all bull crap…she’ll be back. Most times they are talking out their butts…or the sides of the mouth (my mother says that…not the butts part…that’s my bad manners.)

Yep…you can count the number of people who have given us that old retirement song and dance before. There are tons of athletes who have said they are gonna hang up their cleats, clubs, jockstraps, support bras, racquets, and bats. Then what do they do? They resurface at a later date. They lay low for a while and pretend they are retired…but actually are spending time getting buff and drinking healthy stuff…planning the biggest come back ever.

So I’m not getting all worked up that Oprah’s leaving. I think it’s just a way to generate buzz and publicity for her new network. She will have 2 years to talk about it. 2 years to promote it. 2 years to be a lame duck talk show host.

Wait, something is coming to me here…I’m emitting an Oprah light bulb moment. Maybe there is something to this retiring thing. I think I should retire...then maybe, just maybe, I might have people screaming…”We Want Kat, We Want Kat!”
In unison…all two of you…."We Want Kat.”

That’s it………..I RETIRE……………………………………………....until tomorrow

No comments: