Thursday, October 8, 2009

The New Queen of Mean

The one thing I try hard not to do is say anything mean in my blog. It’s not my style to be rude or condescending. Childish…yep. Insulting…nope. When it comes to Paula Deen, however, I can’t help myself. She brings out the Joan Rivers in me. In other words….Deen brings out the mean.

For some reason, Paula Deen is just one particular celeb that rubs me the wrong way. And I’m not talking pork rub…cuz there is nothing like a good pork rub on a Sunday afternoon. I pretty much dislike everything about her. I dislike her voice…a bogus, played-up southern accent…and I really dislike her schtick. Every time she slices one of her cakes on television, she runs her fingers down the knife…and then sucks every finger…one by one. Now that’s disgusting.

She is so over the top, you just know she is one phony person. Holden Caulfield would go absolutely nut-so on her. That sugar sweet persona is as fake as saccharin.

Yep, I’m the Queen of Mean when it comes to Paula Deen. I am also not a fan of her recipes. There isn’t anything that she makes that I would want to cook. It might be comfort food…but I don’t take comfort in her ingredients. Her recipes are fattening and heart attack friendly. We are talking mac and 45 pounds of cheese, cheesy meatloaf, triple fried chicken, and deep fried Twinkies.

There is only one Paula that really gets me cooking…and that is PaulA. Hot tamales baby.

No comments: