Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Friendly Skies

I’m at the age to remember when Flight Attendants were women and called stewardesses. I’m not sure if it was just rumor, but there was also something about them having to be pretty. But that’s pretty much not the same anymore. First of all, flight attendants can be men or women. They can be all shapes and sizes…and they can pretty and unpretty. On my last flight I saw a flight attendant who was an unflattering round triangle.

But one thing Flight Attendants through the years have always been is patient. I could no sooner do their job than write an intelligent blog.

I would be very short in the patience department. There’s always some person onboard who tries to stretch the rules…use more overhead compartment space than his fair share, sit in more than his fair share of chair, and spend more of his fair share in the bathroom. They think the world is actually a “table for one.” But Flight Attendants manage to keep their cool, keep their smile, and keep from using a baseball bat that I would have easily put to good use.

So I want to send a shout-out to the Flight Attendants who keep the skies friendly: THANK YOU!!!!!

No comments: