Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Educating Duncandog

Duncandog went back to college. What can I tell you…he loves academia. Or…maybe he just wants a framed degree on the wall of his dog house…or maybe yet, he thinks he looks snappy in a cap and gown.

But I’m thinking this academia ruse is an act…a dog and pony trick…minus the pony. I think I know what that dogger is up to…he trying to avoid working. He knows I’m getting tired of his free ride and that I’m going to make him get out in the real world. Put that puppy to work. And have him stop living off all the yummy gravy train.

I know he has seen the other side. He’s seen enough of the laid-back, care-free life the first time he went with Colinboy to college. He loved sleeping until noon, eating dog food off a paper plate, drinking out of the toilet, taking naps on the couch, and sleeping on Colinboy’s bed. He especially loved the party life…girls flocked to him like he was Ashton Kutcher with 4 legs. So under the pretense of education...he found a way back to college with Colinboy.

But Duncandog can’t fool a Kat. I had a feeling he didn’t want to join the ranks of all the other Portuguese Water dogs…when he pretended he couldn’t swim. If Duncan looked himself up in the Book of Dog Breeds…he would see he is listed under the Working Dog class…only problem is Duncandog is a sheep in dog’s clothing.

Next thing I know he’ll be wanting to get together to talk about things…have a family bow-wow…to try and convince me that he needs to go to back to school, follow a new path…and leave the Portguese Working Class behind.

Unless he is interested in Bartending school…I’m putting my foot down. We could use a good Bartender in the family.

No comments: