Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Test Time

It’s that time of year…Back to School. Exams, quizzes, and tests. Oh, My! When you were a kid in school, did you prefer to take a multiple choice test or an essay test?

Most the time I preferred essay questions…especially when I didn’t know the answer. I’d scribble 55,000 words down…write anything I knew on the subject…even if it was only remotely related through a third cousin once removed. I’d throw it all out there on the paper……and hopefully some of it would stick. I was looking for partial credit.

Partial credit was the best. With partial credit, your answer wasn’t completely wrong…so you couldn’t end up with a BIG fat ZERO. The answer to an essay question wasn’t just black or white…there was a gray area. And I love gray areas (except in my hair.)

Multiple choice was probably the hardest type of testing for me. A, B, C, or D. Sometimes I could narrow the choices down to two and then have a 50/50 chance. But when they added “All of the above” and “None of the above”…It was “All over and above for me.” Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

In keeping with the Back to School theme…I thought I’d give you a little test. You may answer either the essay question OR the multiple choice question (your choice):

Essay question:

Please explain, in your own words, why Kat’s blog is worth reading. (Extra credit given for additional reasons.)

OR

Multiple Choice question:

Kat’s blog is worth reading because:
A. Her blog material is bright, ingenious, and oh so witty.
B. Kat blogs about her hunky hubby, PaulA.
C. Kat’s blog material is relevant and timely.
D. All of the above.

Please note that: “None of the above”…is NOT an option.

No comments: