Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'm Sorry...So Sorry

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to call the President of the United States a liar. It just slipped out. ‘You lie!’ Whoops. Sorry again. Please forgive me.”….Congressman Joe Wilson

“I‘m sorry, I didn’t mean to lay 12 F-bombs in a tirade on the poor unassuming line judge at the U.S. Open…especially on national TV. What I meant to say was 'I’m gonna take this ‘fetching’ ball and show it to your ‘friendly’ face.' Please forgive me.”…Serena Williams

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to jump up from my seat and onto the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards, grab the microphone from Taylor Swift, who just won a Best Female Video Award…and rant on about how good Beyonce is in front of a worldwide audience. What I meant to do was give Taylor Swift a big hug and tell her what a talented young woman she is. Please forgive me.” …Kanye West

What’s going on these days? Why are people so rude to each other? It’s interesting that shortly after a public faux pas…there comes a public apology. You just know that Serena, Kanye, and Joe Wilson have been told by their publicists that they have to apologize …it is required…especially if they want to keep their career and the million dollar deals, perks, and benies. Mea Culpas all around.

So Serena is now…using a different ‘f’ word: ‘Forgive’.

So Kanye is now …singing a different tune. Actually the old Brenda Lee song: “I’m sorry…so sorry…that I was such a fool.”

So Joe Wilson is now...a reformed politician. He knows its political suicide to call the President a liar (unless you’re President George Bush.)

Serena, Kanye, and Joe, are all sorry saps now. Do we believe them? Do we believe they wish they could take it all back? You bet we do. We especially believe they will say anything to get back into our good grace……

They have been reformed. Anything for the Almighty – the All and Mighty Dollar.

No comments: