Monday, September 28, 2009

H1N1Kat

It is interesting to see how people react when they find out I have a blog. I get the usual questions… Why? How often? Is this contagious…Am I the H1N1Kat?

Typical scenario: I’m at a cocktail party…someone says, “Oh, do you know Kat writes a blog?” Then the conversation stops and heads turn in my direction. Then I answer the obligatory questions. Yes. I’ve been writing for 2 years now…actually September 13, 2007, if you really pretend to want to know. I write most days, except I take the weekends off to goof-off from the serious business of blogging. And I started writing a blog to avoid doing what I should be have doing that day. In a nutshell: Avoidance.

Then I get the follow-up question: Is it a diary? I respond, "Nope." If you’ve read my blog, you know I write about past memories and experiences, but I also write about other topics such as Governor Sanford. So unless I was Sanford's Latin Lover from Argentina having clandestine rendezvous…it’s not a diary. Her diary on the subject of Marshall Sanford is probably way more interesting than my blog. More like a Harlequin novel. Dear Diary…Marshy and I met under the sheets again…..

Jennifer, the interested person, says, “Email me your blog address. I want to read it.” And I rub my hands together contemplating the possibility of a new reader…fresh meat.

So I email Jen the Katstaleof5.blogspot.com address. And I never hear a word from dear Jen. At the next cocktail party…hehehe…..Jen is there and I get the feeling she’s pulling the “Do I know you routine?” I try to catch her eye to see if she is avoiding me, but there is no eye contact. I even spill a margarita on myself…nothing.

At the Stop and Shop, I swear I see the Jenemy turn and move quickly in the other direction…down the health food aisle. I just know she’s looking for a get-away route. The health food aisle? Who’s she trying to kid? She usually has a crispy crème stuffed in her mouth.

So I have figured it out. She thinks my blog is crap, or I’m crazy, or worse yet……..
my crazy crap is contagious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your "Crazy crap"!!! it is contagious, I just caught up and read a bunch! keep it up

--wishy