Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Flew the Coop

It’s been TWO days since Brianna dumped her parents. I mean, left for college. Some kids just don’t have trouble with that whole umbilical cord thing. I think she was born with scissors.

At 18 and college bound…Bri was ready to leave the nest… fly the coop...blow this popsicle joint. I always knew she would be ready. I saw early signs of her readiness………in the 8th grade.

Day One: voice message: “Bri, this is your MOM…I have questions. Did your roommie move in? Do you like her? Does she have two heads? Have you met any other people? Are they nice to you? Do you need me to come over and beat anyone up? What is your RA like? Is she cool? Does she have two heads? Did you get anything to eat? Do they have good food in the cafeteria? Is their food better than mine?”

Bri’s answer….a text message: “Things are going smoothly.”

Yep…our little bird…the little bird we kept under out wing…the little bird we prepared to fly...to one day leave the nest…is OUTTA HERE.

Day two: PaulA sent Bri this text message: “A crumb of information will feed your parents for a day.”

Love any bird crumbs.

No comments: