Monday, June 22, 2009

No Fly ZZZone

Have you heard the buzz about Obama and the fly? Last week President Obama was sitting down for an interview at the White House when a pesky fly was buzzing around his head. What’s a Commander-In-Chief to do?

Catch the fly in his hand and look for an open window to free it? Of course not. Knock that sucker from here to eternity…and say just that, “I got the sucker.” PETA called the fly swatting incident an “execution.” They want Obama to show a little more compassion to even “the least sympathetic animals.”

Maybe insects are technically animals…but I don’t think a flea or gnat are in the same category as say, Duncandog. (Duncandog is at least 2 rungs above a flea…on the ladder of pesky animals.)

PETA is a little too radical for me. Come on, it’s a fly. It’s not like Obama Michael Vick-ed his dog or anything. We’re talking a…nasty, dirty, been riding on some cow’s butt…fly. Does PETA boycott and protest companies that spray insecticides? Is it their mission to have mosquitoes, ants, and cockroaches inherit this Earth?

I think the word “execution” is a pretty strong word to use for Obama’s actions. What’s his punishment? Time in a trashcan with rotting garbage? And what’s the punishment for someone who uses a fly strip that hangs from the ceiling. You know…the sticky strip that traps numerous flies until their eventual demise. Is that considered a mass execution? Would their punishment be…time in the town dump?

To tell you the truth I’m glad our President swatted the damn fly. At least I don’t have to worry about Obama being too soft and that “Obama can’t hurt a fly.”

I was also quite impressed with how fast Obama’s reflexes were and that he was able to get the sucker so quickly. When I go after a fly…I usually break everything around me before I get anywhere near it.

What Obama did to that pesky fly is something we’ve all done. I bet there isn’t a human alive who hasn’t swatted a fly.

Let he who is without flyswatter swat the first fly.

No comments: