Monday, June 15, 2009

App Yours

A new version of the iPhone is due out this week….and I never had the old one. Actually, I think it’s better to not run out and get the first generation of any product. Much better to wait…a new and improved version always comes out after the first. That’s why I held onto my cell phone, that’s as big as my head.

I am intrigued with the iPhone and the apps that are associated with it. I know you’ve heard the iPhone commercials boasting “there’s an app for that.” APParently they have APPlied many APPlications:

A fitness app…with distance meter, yoga instruction, and calorie tracker. Big deal…if it could only do my workouts.

Apps for the around the house…cooking, decorating, staying organized. Big Whoop. If it could only clean my house.

Apps for going out…restaurant locations, concerts schedule, call-a-cab. Big Whooptiedo. If it could only tell me which cab driver is gonna take me on a life-threatening, nail-biting ride.

The new iPhone is supposed to have many new apps…probably more than my aptitude can apply:

A Compass. Interesting app. But I use the sun as a compass and it works fine, except on cloudy days…then I just stay home.

Galaxy app. I only care about this galaxy and PaulA points out the Big and Little Dippers in it for me.

Garage and yard sales app. I prefer to read all those tacky sale signs tacked to telephone poles on Saturdays.

Blood sugar monitor app. Okay, probably a helpful app to monitor sugar spikes from my D.Q. and donut extravaganzas.

I have an app suggestion: the blog app...blogs written by disturbed housewives with too much time on their hands. App that Apple.

I’m sure the new version of the iPhone will be a big hit for the APPle people. Things usually improve with age…like wine…and heck even people. I would like to think that I’ve evolved over the years. A wine drinking Kat is a big, big improvement…waaay better to be aged and preserved.

No comments: