Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Yo Quiero Taco Bell

I read the following news article online: Officials say a suspected drug dealer who led police on a 90 mph chase in Indiana was arrested after he stopped suddenly at a Taco Bell parking lot. The Fort Wayne police say 36-year-old Jermaine Cooper told officers he "knew he was going to jail for a while" and wanted to get one last burrito. “Give me a burrito to go. And make it snappy.” Okay that last line was mine.

I find it interesting that someone would be thinking about their stomach in a time of peril. The guy is driving 90 mph through Indiana…with the cops on his ass and his stomach starts speaking to him in Spanish? Yo quiero Taco Bell.

I’m still having a hard time digesting the article and understanding that guy’s stomach. That’s kinda like those bad, bad people on Death Row who choose their Last Meal the night before they are executed in the morning. I think my stomach would be in knots and a last meal is the last thing I would want. But there are those who order it up….Hmmm should I have the ham, the roast beef, or two all beef patties, pickle, special sauce on a sesame seed bun?

But now I’m thinking…What if I was like burrito loco Jermaine and knew I was going to jail for a while. Where would my high speed chase end?

That’s easy. Dairy Queen.

Last weekend on a trip through the Chusetts of Mass, I asked Colinboy to get off the highway so I could find the DQ that was listed on an exit sign. Being the obedient son…he pulled off. Definitely not something PaulA would have agreed to do. But then again, I’m not PaulA’s mother…although we both have the same name.

Anyway, we exited the highway…drove down the ramp, followed a sign, then a turn, then a mile, then another sign, then a desolate country road. After a couple of miles….we thought: wild goose chase.

We turned around and headed back to the highway. But it was killing me…I had to have my medium twist in a cone…so we pulled into a gas station and I desperately pleaded, “SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME…I am looking for the DQ!” “Hey lady, just keep going down that country road.” We turned back around …and our perseverance paid off…My Frozen Frosty Favorite appeared in the distance.

Give the guy his burrito. Give the Kat her twist.

Where would your high speed chase end???

No comments: