Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Waste of Time

It is amazing how much time you can waste when you sit down at a computer. There ARE some productive things you can do….like respond to email, check school and sports announcements, pay bills, read Kat’s blog. But then there are many other things that suck you in and waste your time.

We subscribe to AOL for internet service which always has something on the homepage to entice you. “Click Here.” Next thing I know 20 minutes of my life have passed by and I’m reading about Jessica Simpson and her ridiculous life!!!! I need to know this because??? (I am so acing that Jessica Simpson test in the morning.)

One popular thing online is pictures of celebs taken by the Poparatzi…who PoP out of nowhere and take pictures of THE glamorous people. You can find pics of celebs doing just about anything. Even in their daily lives. Please spare us. Normal life just isn’t glamorous. Moments on the red carpet are, but coming home from the gym, choosing a brand of bacon at the Stop and Shop, and bending over isn’t glamorous. Suck it in babe….you’re gonna be on next week’s cover of Rag Magazine.

Maybe there is a market for this stuff…maybe there are people interested in seeing what celebs look like when they don’t have make-up on or have gained a few pounds. Then they can be reminded : OMG ….they are regular people! So do we really need these pictures?

Apparently yes. The latest pictures I got sucked into online really did take the cake. And I’m speaking literally and figuratively here. They showed different Hollywood stars in the act of eating. Which if you get just the right shot…even Gisele caught eating a ham sandwich isn’t attractive.

I couldn’t help myself… I took a look at a pic of Kate Walsh (Grey’s Anatomy) in a restaurant about to take a bite…with her mouth open, a big forkful and her eyes expanded…just about to shove it in. Then a look at Kiefer Sutherland with a forkful of spaghetti…mouth wide open…just about to shove it in. Then Kelsey Grammar eating a French fry with catsup…mouth wide open…just about to shove it in. I should have shoved on…but I got sucked in with the spaghetti and couldn’t stop myself.

I’m sure there are some of you right there with me, on the same page…with the waste of time thing regarding the computer. And hopefully you are STILL right there with me, on the same page: katstaleof5.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why I was just wasting time on my computer when i realized that it was time to get something done and read your blog!!
I think a picture of you eating would be a nice touch (and riveting as well)!
Pattyo

big C said...

If you want to waste a lot of time I suggest you visit www.perezhilton.com...celebrity gossip galore, it's wonderful and very addicting