Friday, May 1, 2009

Smile :)

Smiling people are happier people. I heard this on a news segment on the Today Show. Wow, more rocket science…Where do they come up with this stuff? (Note to self: Check the Classifieds for a job coming up with scientific findings.)

In college I had a friend in the dorm room next to mine who used to complain about me laughing. And she never failed to let me know that she was tired of hearing me. Atleast she didn’t accuse me of being a laughing hyena…thank God. I’ve seen one in a book and a laughing hyena is not at all attractive. I never understood how she heard me laughing through the cement walls that separated our rooms. Ahhhh….bionic ears.

She was right though…whenever PaulA was around I was laughing. He wasn’t tickling me though. Thank God.…that would make me cry…and is down right cruel to do to someone. For some reason I just thought PaulA was so, so funny. I mean really funny…not so-so. He is still making me laugh today and hopefully I still don’t look like that hyena when I do.

As a kid, I would hear my mom say that dad woke her up because he was laughing in his sleep. I always wondered what the heck could be making him laugh? Did he go to comedy clubs in his dreams or was he the Jerry Seinfeld of his dreams? Maybe he pictured himself giving a speech in front of a room full of fully-clothed people at a nudist colony…and he was naked. Now that is funny.

This past winter I visited my parents in a place they were renting in Florida. I slept on the pull-out couch and I heard first hand…my dad laughing in his sleep. His laughter woke me up and put a smile on my face. Next thing I knew I was chuckling and it was 2 am. Laughing can be contagious. It’s great to know Pops is still laughing after all these years. Which make sense…Jerry has the reputation of being the most good natured person you could ever meet. (Maybe there is Something About Jerrys that brings laughter.)

My favorite expression happens to be… “ so funny I laughed my ass off.” I’m guessing that’s just a figure of speech. Because if it were true…I would have no ass at all by now. But as you know…my ass is still very much attached to this blog chair.

PS. SHOUTOUT today to Sistersledge (my wonderful sister, Michele) on her birthday. We are Family….get up everybody and sing: “Happy Birthday!”

2 comments:

Sistersledge said...

Thanks Kat, you're a GREAT sister!

big C said...

I've laughed in my sleep before too!!!