Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Who's the Kid?

I admit I like to make faces at kids…when their parents aren’t watching. The other day in the Post Office, there was a woman with a crying baby in a stroller doing a massive packaging deal. I felt sorry for the little mole-creature strapped in a stroller at noon…lunchtime. The kid was trying to eat his hand he was so hungry. Why would she choose this time? Just because it was convenient for her…babies get no respect.

So I felt it was my civic duty to make faces to amuse the baby. Which by the way, is easy for me. Bambino instantly stopped crying…and became interested in my freak of nature. The last time this baby probably saw a face so strange was when he was entering the world during childbirth. After a few minutes of zany faces, I felt I had to come up with a new face when he got tired with the old one. But then I remembered, all my faces were old.

I also enjoy entertaining kids that sit on the back of the school bus…the fun place. They like to wave at you and I always wave back, give them the bird…I mean, peace sign. They seem to appreciate it on an otherwise, bumpy boring bus ride. The only excitement they’ve had in the last 4 hours was seeing Joey hit Johnny in the head with a dodge ball. I’m just trying to put a little fun back in a kid’s life.

Whenever I’m driving behind a station wagon with one of those third jumper seats and see kids that are facing me…it’s fun to mess with them…with a little Bullwinkle ears action. Come on, you know what I’m talking about…when you stick your fingers in your ears and wave them. I love to watch their reaction.

First …the kids do a double take. Wait, did that woman just do that? Is that a kid or an ole lady? What ole lady does that? Then they turn around to tell their parents about the crazy lady who is making faces at them. That’s when I turn my head and look the other way. So the kid looks crazy….and the ole lady looks sane.

Who’s the kid here…anyway?

No comments: