Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Outgrown

Last time I was at the TajMaMall I noted there were stores I don’t go into anymore. My kids are Teenager and Beyond…so there’s no need for me to put one foot inside. Stores that don't apply. Build-A-Bear, Limited Too, Gap Kids, Children’s Place, Gymboree, Disney Store…are all off the list. Self: take note…you are getting old.

I am actually going to miss shopping at these stores. I’ll miss seeing those cute little sizes 2T, 3T…and all the fun stuff we bought the kids…which I later learned was a total waste of money. Stuff that they outgrew in height and outgrew in taste…within 6 months. And instead made the clutter in my basement grow in both height and waste.

But there are a couple of stores that I just won’t miss…the dreaded pre-teen and teen shops. Those were miserable. Take shopping at Abercrombie and Fitch for example. Take Abercrombie and then take ole Fitch. You can have them both. Personally, I would have liked to wring their collars. Is it just me? Self: take note…you are REALLY getting old.

I remember my dreaded shopping experiences in Abercrombie…the store where you buy something that looks old and wrinkly…AND you get the privilege of paying top dollar. Self: take note…you are old and GRUMPY.

The condition of Abercrombie clothing was actually something that I could find in Wishy’s room…on the floor. Granted, both Abby and Fitchy had a way of making old clothing smell new. They had to use a bottled spray of “NEW” …because their clothes never, ever looked as new as they smelled. Self: take note…you are an old, grumpy GEEZER.

There is a Gilly Hicks store at the Taj MaMall that wasn’t around back in the day. I see lots of teens go in there, but I have only gotten as far as the front door. The store has a façade that makes it look like a brothel. First of all, it is very dark. Second, it reeks of perfume. I was thinking of entering with a flashlight to get a look around….but the strong perfume emanating from the place, makes me sneeze my head-off when I get near it. I never get very far.

Self: take note…you are an old, grumpy, HEADLESS geezer.

1 comment:

big C said...

haha, you also hated the LOUD LOUD music!!!