Friday, April 3, 2009

Google Your Name

Have you ever googled your own name? I have….and I don’t think I’m the only one who has done this. Uninteresting enough, I didn’t find ME…the real Kat in google print…only a copyKat. Even with having a blog, I wasn’t listed in Google. But that’s probably because I never use my first and last name together. Heck, I have to protect myself…you never know what lurks…below the blog….ahhhhhhhhhhh.

Anyway, the copyKat listed in Google …was in a newspaper article for doing something nice…a good Samaritan Kat. See how that works for me? Others might read about the copyKat and think she was me….I could get props.

The article mentioned that: One day copyKat was shopping. (So far that sounds like me. People would definitely believe that.) And copyKat was in a dressing room (hey, I go in dressing rooms) when she found a wad of bills with a $50 on top and a $100 underneath. So what did copyKat do? (I like to keep the reader involved with questions.)

CopyKat turned the money into the sales lady (umm…Any similarity ended right there. Not because Mama needs a new pair of shoes… but because I wouldn’t trust the sales lady. Which explains my maiden name, Thomas…Kat Doubting Thomas.) The money was returned to the woman who lost it. But the story doesn’t end there.

For being such a good Samaritan, the sales lady then gave copyKat a promotional box of mints from the store with a chance at a winning ticket. Turns out, copyKat had the winning ticket for $10,000 DOLLARS in her box. Saweet. What a happy ending... I liked that ALMOST as much as the Happy Ending I had at Friendly’s the other day.

So why don’t you Google your own name. You might find that you, too, are a lucky good Samaritan...or a not-so-lucky creep, wanted for a string of petty crimes throughout the southeast.

No comments: