Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Phil

You know who I am really mad at right now? That would be Phil.
Not Dr. Phil…that Tall Texan egocentric shrink.
Not Phil Mickelson…that man boob professional golfer.
But…Punxsutawney Phil…that weather predicting rodent.

I hear he saw his shadow on Groundhog Day…and you know what that means. Six more weeks of cold, icy, snowy, stay in the house and live like a groundhog weather. It always seems like every year Phil emerges from his burrow and sees his shadow. No wonder in the movie “Groundhog Day” the weatherman finds himself living the same day over and over again. Year after year…that hog keeps damning us to another 6 weeks of winter. Hey Phil, cut us New Englanders a break here.

By the way, please tell me why a rodent from Pennsylavania gets a whole day. I hear Phil has had a day in his honor since 1841…Martin Luther King just got one in 1986. What’s the deal with that? At least our country made up for their short comings with making the whole month of February, Black History Month.

I was thinking (please, don’t do that, Kat)…Why doesn’t Kat have a day in her honor…Kat’s Day? Let’s see…what would be the perfect day? Feb. 14th? …Nope. Already taken by a cupid with a weapon. March 17th?…Some drunkin’ leprechaun’s got that one. April 1st? …Taken by some damn fool. Every fool has his day.

Alright…that leaves April 11th. Sorry Linnyj…I’m taking your day away. Besides haven’t you had enough birthdays already? They are starting to pile up.

So Punxsutawney Phil…you can keep your day. But I got April 11th and on that day…if I leave my blog chair and step outside and see my shadow…I am predicting 6 more weeks of mindless blogs. And by the way, I also got the whole month of April…Kat’s Crappy Blog Month.

No comments: