Monday, February 9, 2009

Extra Lbs

I’m throwing in the towel…the sweat towel used during my workouts. (Okay, I don’t really have a sweat towel…I don’t workout that hard.) But figuratively speaking, I’m throwing in the towel.

The Today Show showed today (sorry…had to do that) a segment that has got me wondering: Why bother working-out anymore? The show featured ways to reduce the affects of aging: no sun…no smoking…and extra weight. “They” said you should be putting on weight as you get older, because the extra lbs make you look younger.

So now, it is a comforting thought to know, almost as comfort food is to eat…that sitting at my computer in the ass spreadin’ blogger position is actually beneficial to my looks. Does it mean…the more donuts I eat…the younger I’ll look? I haven’t figured out the donuts-to-age ratio, but I say one thing: Bring on the jellies. Who would have known...a jelly donut a day…keeps the wrinkles away?

Now I don’t have to feel guilty for blogging and missing workouts. I won’t have to tear myself from my computer to exercise and play paddle. My new strategy is to sit in my blog chair with an abundant supply of chocolates and chips beside me. Sweet and salt, the perfect combination…like pb and j …like bloggers and buffoons.

Just one question…How do you tell the extra lbs to stay away from your ass and go directly to your face?

No comments: