Wednesday, August 20, 2008

No Fly Zone

It is amazing how a little fly can make a person crazy. Before you know it, you resemble a cartoon.

This morning I was peacefully having my breakfast…an English muffin and medium black Dunkin Donuts coffee. A little fly landed on the table near me. He had entered a no-fly zone. I nonchalantly brushed it away with my hand. Then it was right back…this time on my hand. I swished it away…it buzzed my head and then landed on my English muffin. I had to tear that part of my muffin off. I couldn’t eat it…don’t know what animal that fly had last visited.

I made a quick move to knock it out of the air and caught my coffee before it spilled. The fly was making me miserable. I tried using my newspaper to swat it …no success. It buzzed my head…more swatting and flailing arms. Ahhh. This was the most determined fly I had ever encountered. Definitely a kamikaze Osama bin Laden terrorist fly.

Where is the fly swatter? He has made this personal. Sneak attack from behind. Swat….just missed him. Swat…lamed him. Sorry fly you asked for this. RIP fly.

Finally, peace again. No fly zone. Wait, oh no….he has a brother.

No comments: