Friday, August 8, 2008

Kat The Coffee Maker

Kat made coffee at home. She didn’t get in her car… pass go…and drive directly to the Dunkin Donuts Drive-thru. Nope. She put 5 scoops of coffee in the filter basket and poured water in the coffee maker reservoir. Wait, why am I talking in the third person? Well…maybe because it was like an out-of-body experience.

Yesterday I decided to buy a small coffee maker for the beach. Whenever we have company, I feel like the morning coffee is an issue. As you know…I like to go to DD’s every morning. Nobody does it like Dunkin. Conveniently, there happens to be one close by. But, when we have guests…I am getting the feeling that they would like to have a pot of coffee when they wake up….and not wait for me to get my sorry ass out of bed. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am the hostess….and I have a sorry ass.

How did the coffee turn out? I just know you are asking. I was very surprised that it tasted okay. But nothing is as good as my Dunkin Donuts cup of java. I’ve always wondered what gives it that special taste. I have bought DD’s grounds and my coffee still doesn’t taste anything like theirs. It is probably their commercial grade machines, or extra hot water. But I have figured out their special ingredient…it is the foam cup. I swear it is. My mugs don’t do the java justice.

I’ll try to continue making coffee while at the beach and I'll work on perfecting it. I’ll be the best dang hostess on the beach…with a sorry ass.

I first have to make a quick trip over to DDs to get some foam cups.

No comments: