Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Taming of the Shrew

Music can tame the savage beast…at least it does this beast. I would presume to say that it works that way on most people.

When I hear one of Michael Buble’s songs on the radio, I am instantly in a better mood. There is something so calming and soothing about his voice…kinda like a day at the spa…which I am imagining. Buble’s song “Everything” is great…very catchy, uplifting. Love it. (Just one thing I would have changed if I was his music producer. The ending has few too many “la-las” and kinda girly for a boy to sing.)

The other day, Bri and I were listening to a song on the car radio but we weren’t sure of the name or who played it. So Bri got out her cell phone to identify it. Within 10 seconds the phone displayed the name, artist and album…plus she could instantly download the song to her phone…from the radio. How do they do that???? Back in the day, I remember listening to my transistor radio and when I heard a song that I liked….I would have to wait to hear the DJ say the name… wait…wait...and sometimes wait through 5 songs and 3 advertisements before I heard the name…if he even remembered.

My kids have figured out how music works on me. If I start with a serious convo in the car…what do they do? They turn the radio up. Next thing they know…I am singing along. And if they get really lucky and it is Michael Buble singing…I am the most sweetest, putty-in-their-hands mom on the planet. They are pretty smart kids.

No comments: