Friday, July 11, 2008

Shameless Plug by a Typical Mom

This is my first shameless plug. I’m not talking about pugs….those cute dogs with pug noses…although they are shameless. I’m talking about exploiting a forum to advertise or promote something. So that would be Me using my BLOG to talk about DEAR HAVANAH.

I can’t say enough about Dear Havanah, except that you have to listen to this great new band. I admit, I am a little partial to them… Colinboy (I’m sure the band guys don’t call him this) plays bass guitar in the band. Dear Havanah has recently posted a music video of one of their new songs, “Relief” on YouTube. The video might not be a slick MTV music-type video where there is a sexy girl who slinks around and gets the guy. But it does show 5 guys rockin’ out and sounding great. It’s all about the music…when they get BIG, maybe then they’ll get the sexy girl who slinks around. Anyway, they have a great sound and are really, really good LIVE. Don’t just take my word for it…you can listen for yourself…just click on the following link:http://youtube.com/watch?v=EXT5c9J2WjY

Being the typical mo ther that I am…I watched the Dear Havanah YouTube video…and instantly loved it. I’m always very proud and supportive of my Colinboy in whatever he does. As I watched on my lap top, I took a closer look and thought, “What is Colinboy wearing? Is that a Hanes t-shirt?? A Hanes plain white t-shirt?? I know he has better clothes than that to wear. Maybe his clothes were on the floor ….I mean, in the laundry and it was all he could dig up. The other guys don’t look like a Hanes t-shirt commercial. The lead guitarist looks good in a jacket ….but Colinboy is sporting his undershirt…Hey...maybe that's Colinboy's style...and I'm just catching on.

Wardrobe aside…. Jam on Dear Havanah!! You sound great…after the masses that read my blog, check you out…they will agree. Also please know, you have at least 5 fans out there that think you are AWESOME…….5 mothers of 5 band sons…with one typical mother questioning…. A Hanes t-shirt??? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

add another fan! the song is great and colin looks great in a white T. it looks pretty white. he must use clorox! it's pretty cool when your child finds a passion and runs with it... the only thing that could make it better is when he gets paid for it!!!!