Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Habitual Returner

I shop…I return. Well not every time…every now and then I get it right…the right color, size, and type. But that is every now and then and not the norm. Sometimes when I’m shopping…I’m not sure which item to choose…the yellow, blue, or pink (I like them all) so I buy all and return…another trip back to the store.

I am surprised there isn’t a return limit at stores. This would encourage people to be better shoppers. A policy so that in a given year you are allowed x number of returns…and when you try to return…one too many times…a whistle blows. Well, maybe nothing so startling and dramatic…some ole lady my keel over from a heart attack or something. But some red flag goes up to let the salesperson know…this woman is a habitual returner…tackle her.

The worst thing about the return process is finding the receipt. I try to be organized, but then sometimes I come up empty handed. Where is that receipt? The other day I bought an iPod at the Apple Store. That store is the coolest…I like how they don’t need a register to “ring” you out. The employees just rove the place with some magic box and do it right from there. But the coolest part of the whole transaction is...the sales guy asked me if I wanted the receipt emailed to me. “Yea…sure dude. Email it to me.” That way, if I ever needed to retrieve it…I would know exactly where it is…smack dab on my computer. Man, I am hip…or is that hop?

Yea…Kat is cool getting her receipt emailed to her….I can’t wait to go home and find it online. A few hours later, after some expert shopping at the Taj MaMall…I ran home and looked for my receipt online…You've Got Mail! Yep, there it is. Yep, there it is.

I am thinking now….why don’t other stores do this? It would make the consumer’s life so much easier. But then again…there are those who are afraid of their computers…afraid to touch them…so it wouldn’t work for them. But for us computer savvy geniuses….it works.

On the other hand…now that I look for my receipt…this genius isn’t sure what “folder” it is in now. Is it filed in My Documents…Shared Documents…Disc C Documents...Kat Documents?….Where is that receipt????.......Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments: