Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Word - Fo sho

Sometimes my kids do not use appropriate words when they talk to me…a little too much slang…and I have to remind them that they are talking to their mother…not one of their friends. “Excuse me, Colinboy but should you really be saying, ‘my band’s new CD is the shit.’ Shouldn’t you be saying, your ‘band’s new CD is terrific.’ That just sounds better.”

Kids these days…have their own way of talking…their own words. And sometimes I have to admit…it is kinda fun. My dawg, Linnyj and I are off the heasy when it comes to the lingo. Word. And sometimes just for kicks….I like to use my kid's words...back at them. And when I do…they laugh their butts off. When they least expect it …I fire one off and it gets them every time.

To Chelsea: “Girlfriend, your cell phone is blowing up.”
To Brianna: “You chillin with your homies tonight? No ragers.
To Colin: “Check out Dad’s pimpin’ new ride. It’s Saweeeet.”

But then…I would have laughed my ass off if my parents said to me, “We had a far-out bitchen groovey time at the disco. Can you dig it?

I guess it is best when kids and their rents each stick with their own lingo…fo sho.
Peace Out – Girl Scout.
Snizzle my nizzle Beeotches.
It’s all good….Aiight??
Snaps to Kat for another bangin’ blog!
Da bom diggity.
I can’t stop myself!
Blogger mother gone mad wild.

No comments: