Friday, June 6, 2008

Reunited

This is the time of year for Class Reunions from high school and college. Time to get together with old friends, reminisce, and find out if Johnny lived up to his “Most Likely To Succeed” distinction and if Betty still deserves “Best Looking.”

PaulA and I attended Groovy UV (That’s the University of Vermont) back when we were a couple of cool groovers. We missed our Reunion last week because Brianna had her prom. We weren’t missing her big event…just so someone could take a good look at us and say…"my, they have aged." Anyway, I married my best friend from college. And we have a reunion every night when PaulA walks through the door.

Oh, honey….it is so nice to see you. Now how long has it been? Let me guess, I haven’t seen you in what…about 8 or 9 hours. Oh, wait, there was that special time you popped in around 10 a.m. because you left your cell phone on the counter…I almost forgot about that.

You know…you still look great after all these hours. You haven’t changed a bit. You haven’t aged since I last saw you get out of bed. You still have hair...nothing on the shower floor this morning. And you haven’t gained a single pound since last night…so amazing.

So we need to get caught up on everything. What have you been doing with yourself these 8 or so hours? How have you been spending your time? Are you still playing golf or did you give it up after you had that bad round last evening?

Oh, I remember the time…when you and I got up this morning and had breakfast together….you had the bagel and I had the English muffin…it was the best. Then you said, ‘See ya later honey, have a good day.” I’ll never forget it.

Hey, let’s get together real soon...not let so much time pass between reunions….let’s try to do lunch.

No comments: