Monday, June 30, 2008

My New Mantra

I recently read a quote from Maria Sharapova. If you follow tennis at all or Cannon Camera commercials, you have to know her...tall drink of water (my parents say that) pretty blonde athletic tennis player….with a BIG attitude. She played in the French Open and at Wimbledon…but got toasted. All the swearing, screaming, and “die opponent” looks she gave her opponents did not help her. So she might have reason for her big ‘tude.

Anyway, she was very snippy after her French Open loss and was quoted in the newspapers as saying, “I can’t please everyone. That’s not in my J. D., you know, not in my job description.” Love it!

That, my friends, is my new mantra. That saying is the ole trump card…the ace of spades. Moms usually try to please everyone and we know it is virtually impossible…but still we try. So when things don’t work out…I’m using my new mantra: “I can’t please everyone. That’s not in my J.D.”

I can’t wait to use it…which should real soon….when PaulA and Brianna walk through the door for dinner and I ….uhhh…don’t have any. "Hey…I can’t please everyone. That’s not in my J.D."

My new mantra would have really come in handy over the years. Too bad that ‘tude tennis player couldn’t have been born twenty years earlier. But I guess….She can’t please everyone…That’s not in her J.D.!!!!!

And if you find this blog not-so-good……. “I can’t please everyone. That’s not in my J.D.” Love it! See how well it is working.

No comments: