Thursday, June 19, 2008

Imaginary Friends

I am parked at school waiting for Wishy after her final exams…her high school does have a bus, but Wishy likes her mommy to pick her up. And hey, she'll be a senior in the fall so my days waiting for Sweet Wishy are numbered.

So I’ m sitting in the car…waiting…humming…waiting. And then I see a friend of mine across the parking lot sitting in her car, waiting…humming…waiting. So I give a friendly quick wave. No reaction. Hmmm…I swear she is looking right at me, although I can’t see her eyes through her big ass... I mean, really big sunglasses. Hmmm...maybe she didn’t see me wave. Maybe I need to give a bigger wave. So I try again, this time I give a windshield washer wave. I swear she is looking right at me…I don’t want to seem unfriendly.

Oh, I think she sees me this time. Great…it looks like she is gonna wave back. Finally she sees friendlyKat. But then, wait…her hand goes up…and she scratches the back of her head. Oh, awkward. Gee…I look around. Did anyone else see that? See me waving wildly and getting zero response. It’s embarrassing….I don’t want other people around to think that I am a poser…posing to have friends.

Total humiliation. Okay. I am not falling for this a third time. But I see her look over in my direction again. Hello Friend…remember me…we play golf and paddle together. Remember.

I have to grab my own hand to not wave again. There could be a number of reasons for her lack of response. Maybe her eyes were recently dilated…that would explain the big ass sun glasses. Maybe I beat her big time in golf and paddle….but that probably didn’t happen. Maybe she can’t see this far.....

Brianna finally gets in the car… “Hey mom, who you waving to?”

Good thing Brianna can drive to school next year…that way I won’t be sitting in line waving to my imaginary friends.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i laughed out loud. i liked this one